|By PR Newswire||
|August 27, 2014 06:30 AM EDT||
Sun Life Financial and the Canadian Football League (CFL) partner to raise up to $100,000 for JDRF
TORONTO, Aug. 27, 2014 /CNW/ - Sun Life Financial is committing up to $100,000 to the fight against diabetes through the second annual Sun Life Financial Kick Diabetes program, launching today.
For every tweet or retweet of #SunLifeKickDiabetes, during both the CFL's regular and playoff seasons, Sun Life Financial will donate $1 to JDRF, up to $60,000. This is in addition to a $102 donation, in honour of the 102nd Grey Cup Championship being played in 2014, for each successful field goal kicked during the CFL's regular season, up to $40,000, for a total maximum donation of $100,000 to JDRF.
"It's important for us to raise awareness for diabetes because it impacts so many Canadians," said Mary De Paoli, Executive Vice-President, Public & Corporate Affairs and Chief Marketing Officer, Sun Life Financial. "By continuing our relationship with JDRF and the CFL, the Kick Diabetes program can have a meaningful impact on the lives of Canadians touched by the disease."
Sun Life Financial is a proud supporter of JDRF and their research efforts to cure, better treat and prevent diabetes.
"Diabetes is not a disease that you can see or touch, but its effects on those living with the disease can be stressful and overwhelming," said Dave Prowten, President and CEO, JDRF. "The players' goal may be the end zone, but our goal is to find a cure for type 1 diabetes. The Kick Diabetes program will allow us to continue to build our research program and further support those living with this disease in their communities across Canada."
Sun Life Financial is committed to the awareness and prevention of diabetes, committing over $11 million for the cause to date. Funds raised during the Sun Life Financial Kick Diabetes program will be directed to JDRF affiliates across the country.
"Our fans have the biggest hearts and I have no doubt that they will participate once again to support this great cause," said Mark Cohon, CFL Commissioner. "We are proud to work with Sun Life and JDRF to help raise awareness for diabetes and support preventative research for the disease."
Just over $40,000 was raised during the inaugural program for JDRF last year to support preventative research to help find a cure for diabetes. Sun Life Financial is building on last year's momentum by increasing the company's commitment this year to the Kick Diabetes program and is calling on Canadians to once again join the fight against this disease.
For more information on the Sun Life Financial Kick Diabetes program, please visit www.cfl.ca/sunlife.
For tips on healthy living and diabetes prevention, visit www.BrighterLife.ca/diabetes.
About Sun Life Financial
Sun Life Financial is a leading international financial services organization providing a diverse range of protection and wealth products and services to individuals and corporate customers. Sun Life Financial and its partners have operations in key markets worldwide, including Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Hong Kong, the Philippines, Japan, Indonesia, India, China, Australia, Singapore, Vietnam, Malaysia and Bermuda. As of June 30, 2014 the Sun Life Financial group of companies had total assets under management of $684 billion. For more information, please visit www.sunlife.com.
Sun Life Financial Inc. trades on the Toronto (TSX), New York (NYSE) and Philippine (PSE) stock exchanges under the ticker symbol SLF.
JDRF is the leading global organization funding type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. JDRF's goal is to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people's lives until we achieve a world without T1D. JDRF collaborates with a wide spectrum of partners and is the only organization with the scientific resources, regulatory influence, and a working plan to better treat, prevent, and eventually cure T1D. As the largest charitable supporter of T1D research, JDRF is currently sponsoring $530 million in scientific research in 17 countries.
For more information, please visit www.jdrf.ca.
About the Canadian Football League
This is today's CFL: star athletes playing a great game in modern venues. It's the home of the 102nd Grey Cup this November in Vancouver. It is where the Ottawa REDBLACKS will debut in 2014, just as the Hamilton Tiger-Cats move into beautiful, new Tim Hortons Field. This is our league: proudly Canadian and steeped in tradition, but built for the future.
Note to Editors: All figures in Canadian dollars.
SOURCE Sun Life Financial Inc.
- Could Reading Glasses Soon Be a Thing of the Past?
- New York City Lights Up for Lupus Awareness
- SLI Systems Launches New Logo and Branding, Website Provides Arsenal of Resources to Accelerate E-Commerce
- Pricing the Cloud 2014 Market Research Report With 2019 Cloud Computing Pricing and Revenue Forecasts
- The host of Hainan Rendez-vous releases 2015 Hainan Rendez-vous new planning during Monaco Yacht Show
- World Patent Marketing celebrates National Coffee Day
- #SLIMGEEK: Gionee Announced Thinnest Smartphone Recognized by Guinness World Records: ELIFE S5.1
- "The Dr. Oz Show" Prompts 100,000 Signatures On Petition To Reject Highly Toxic Herbicide, Requiring The White House to Respond
- fishbat, a Leading Internet Marketing Firm, Shares Top 5 Free Social Media Monitoring Tools
- Magma Ventures Partners has Closed Magma IV with $150 Million in Committed Capital, Exceeding its Target
- nixplay Brings Together Memories and Online Photo Accounts with New Cloud Connected Digital Frames
- Data Center Networking Market Growing at 11.8% CAGR to 2018 Says a Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Automotive Energy Recovery Systems Market Worth 139.4 Million Units by 2019
- What the Rumored New Google Penguin Algorithm Could Mean for Your Business & 5 Tips to Help Your Website Sustain the Update
- Server Virtualization Market and Services Outlook for 2014-2018
- Security Testing Market by Network Security Testing, Application Security Testing, SAST, DAST, Security Testing Tools, Penetration Testing Tools, Automated Testing Tools, Code Review Tools - Global Advancements, Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Global Physical Security Market by System & Services Forecast to 2019 Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Global Mobile Cloud Market Growing at 37.8% CAGR to 2019: Forecast and Analysis in New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Dr. Vincent Malfitano Four Part Assisted Living Series - Part One
- Private Cloud Services Market Grows at a 22% CAGR by 2018 - Global Analysis and Forecasts
- New Stores, Upcoming Events, Earnings Releases and Product Launch - Research Reports on Whole Foods Market, TJX, WSM, Chipotle and Target
- Venezuela's Cards and Payments Industry: Emerging Opportunities, Trends, Size, Drivers, Strategies, Products and Competitive Landscape
- shomi what I'm missing: New streaming service to deliver superior user experience and most popular content to Canadians, this fall
- Facial Recognition Market to see 27.7% CAGR to 2018: Analysis of Emotion, Thermal, Mobile, Forensic, 2D, 3D, and Cloud-based Facial Recognition
- Jessica Alba and Mount Sinai Leadership Open The Honest Company Ultra Clean Room
- SBTech Signed an Exclusive Deal with BetFIRST to Provide its Powerful Sports Betting Platform for the Regulated Belgium Market
- Security Testing Market by Network Security Testing, Application Security Testing, SAST, DAST, Security Testing Tools, Penetration Testing Tools, Automated Testing Tools, Code Review Tools - Forecasts to 2019
- Pharmacy Automation Systems Market by product type (Medication Dispensing Systems, Packaging & Labeling Systems, Table-top Counters) & by End-user (Inpatient Pharmacy Automation, Outpatient Pharmacy Automation) - Global Forecasts & Trends to 2019
- Dividend, Aircraft Delivery, Supply Contract Updates, Upcoming Conference Schedule and Earning Release - Research Reports on Deere & Company, Lockheed Martin, CEMEX, B/E Aerospace and Smith & Wesson
- Digital Entertainment in the Home: Technologies and Global Markets
- Summit Strategies a Leading Technology Analyst Recognizes Smart Online as a Top Vendor in Software-as-Services Market
- Mdhuset Announces Real Estate Listings on Telefonkatalogen.biz Website
- Pacific Office Automation San Mateo Outlines Rationale for Streamlining Workflow Processes
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- Isolator Fitness Announces Reviews and Continued Availability of ISOBAG and Related Products
- Eliot Harris Announces Campaign to Sell Your House in Marble Falls
- United Credit Consultants™ Is a Leader Nationally in the Business Credit Industry With Their Business Credit Solutions™ Program
- Ray Harding, Former Judge, Announces Arbitration Services In Utah
- Modern construction practices prioritize safety with mandatory risk mitigation measures in buildings
- Meal Management System ISOBAG™ Offers 10% Off Coupon To Spur Holiday Season Shopping in 2013
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Pacific Office Automation Denver Details How Going Green Improves Workflow Management
- ABC United Cash Loans Says Home Buyers Wary of Fixed Mortgage Rates Returning to Market After Sharp Decrease
- Dora Games that are Fun and Entertaining are Available at New Website DoraGamesX.net